Insolvency & Bankruptcy Team
ISOLAS has a dedicated and experienced Insolvency team dealing with both contentious and non-contentious matters. Our team offers a turn-key service from advising creditors or companies about which insolvency process is best suited to achieve their aims, through to the appointment of liquidators or other officeholders and advising them as to general aspects of insolvency law and recovery of assets.
ISOLAS has particular experience in insolvency matters relating to regulated financial services entities often with a multi-jurisdictional angle. We have acted for liquidators of large multijurisdictional insurance companies and advised and acted for them in claims against former directors, auditors, advisors and third parties. Within this context our team combines their technical insolvency knowledge with wider civil and commercial litigation expertise to ensure that our clients benefit from our years of experience as a leading law firm within the jurisdiction.
Our team also regularly accepts instructionS in relation to:
- General Insolvency advice;
- Recognition of foreign officeholders in Gibraltar;
- Asset tracking and recovery;
- Exercise of foreign officeholder’s powers in Gibraltar;
- Defending or commencing claims against directors, advisors and third parties;
- Non-Contentious Members Voluntary Liquidations;
- Multi-jurisdictional Group Restructuring ; and
- domestic and international debt restructurings.