The Citywealth International Financial Centre Awards were established to highlight the excellence of the advisors and managers in the private wealth sector in the major international financial centres.
These awards were judged by an international panel of highly respected practitioners from all sectors with experience of working with advisors in all the jurisdictions covered. The winners are those judged to have excelled in achievement, innovation, expertise and service.
The winners were announced at a dinner on 24th January 2013 at the London Landmark Hotel, hosted by the Rt Hon Michael Portillo. The award was presented to ISOLAS by Daniel Martineau, Executive Chairman of Summit Trust International.
On collecting the award, Peter Isola, Senior Partner at the firm, expressed his delight at the award and explained how ”awards are all about team work and serve to remind us of the importance of investing time and resource in getting the message out that Gibraltar is open for business, and more importantly that we are good at what we do. The award recognises this effort from members of the ISOLAS team and the need to continue to make people aware of the products and services that Gibraltar has to offer. In this respect I am pleased to note the significant efforts of the Minister for Financial Services, Hon. Gilbert Licudi as well as the recent appointments of Paul Astengo and Mike Ashton as two additional Finance Centre representatives who are tasked with promoting Gibraltar’s insurance and private client offering abroad. I have no doubt that these further resources will reap positive benefits for Gibraltar PLC”
A full list of award winners follows:
British Crown Dependency (BCD) Awards covering Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man
• Offshore Law Firm of the Year – Carey Olsen
• Offshore Trust Company of the Year – Rawlinson & Hunter
• Offshore Private Bank of the Year - Barclays
• Offshore Investment Management Company of the Year – Schroders (C.I.) Caribbean Awards
• Caribbean Law Firm of the Year - Appleby
• Caribbean Trust Company of the Year - Appleby
• Caribbean Private Bank of the Year – RBC Wealth Management Swiss Awards
• Swiss Law Firm of the Year – Schellenberg Wittmer
• Swiss Trust Company of the Year – Rothschild Trust
• Swiss Private Bank of the Year – Lombard Odier & Cie
IFC Law Firm awards:
• Cyprus Law Firm of the Year – Andreas Neocleous
• Gibraltarian Law Firm of the Year - Isolas
• Luxembourg Law Firm of the Year – Baker & McKenzie
• Maltese Law Firm of the Year – Ganado & Associates